Thursday, July 28, 2005

Plumbing Problems


I came home from work yesterday to the lovely picture above. I have been having plumbing problems since July 18th and this Tuesday it all came to a head literally. The upstairs toilet exploded and my kitchen flooded. I walked in on Tuesday to find Dennis and Mistin, the people I rent from, on my floor mopping up water. There was a three gallon bucket full and still more was pouring out.

I almost cried when I heard Dennis say he was going to have to rip out the kitchen cabinets to check for a drain. We had just finished remodeling the kitchen. My sister and I put in new cabinets, sink, floor, countertops, and had painted everything. Hopefully sometime soon it will return to normal and nothing will be ruined.

Praise the Lord for His sovereignty. I am dog sitting for my pastor's family for two weeks. There big house is empty and I have a place to stay. No one in my house can use water at all, so that means no showers, no bathrooms, and no washing dishes. God is so good in giving me a place to go while I wait out the disaster that has struck my home.

I will keep you updated on how everything turns out. There will definitely be pictures of the kitchen back to normal.

No comments: