Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Parents Come to Town


My mom and dad drove up to the Twin Cities from little old Shawsville, Virginia. They haven’t been up here since May, 2003 when I graduated from Northland. On that visit they were here less than 36 hours, most of which they spent sleeping. My mom did however come up for 5 weeks at the end of 2004. That was a blast, but I was glad to have them both here this time.

Most of you know that Lydia and I are not living together anymore so people were asking who my parents were going to stay with, there was no question. They were staying with me! We did all of the traditional stuff you do when people come to the Cities…the Mall of America, the Farmer’s Market, go to one of the many lakes, see downtown Minneapolis at night, amongst other things.
We had a great time together but it was nice to see them head back home on Sunday morning. It might not be for long though because there is talk that they might move up here. We will have to wait and see on that one.
Here are a few pictures that were taken on the visit. As you can see my mom has a hard time being serious when she is getting her picture taken. She is trying to outdo her own mother.


No comments: