Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lunch with my Students

Some of the older ladies in my class wanted to go out to lunch with me. Their English level in class wasn't very high and I am still very shy so I invited another student with me. It turns out they were just shy in class. They talked up a storm! We had something called Samgepsa. It is pork that you grill to your liking right at the table! I love eating this meal. I actually at it for dinner tonight with some other friends.








There are always tons of side dishes to go along with every meal. There are no exceptions this rule. Even if you eat at a cheap restaurant where the entire meal costs $2.50 you still get a ton of side dishes. It is great!


We also had another dish called muel (water) nang muen (noodles). It is noodles in a cool water with crushed ice.


This was my first time to try this dish. I actually really like it on a hot day. I probably eat it once a week now!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I think it's just great that you are constantly trying new dishes over there. You don't really have much of a choice anyway, do you? When you get back to the states you're probably going to have culture shock again and any of the "ethnic" resteraunts around here, you'll probably have to tell them how to cook the food! What wonderful adventures you're having!

Kimchijjigae said...

LOL. So funny to see you try to phoneticize the Korean!

Samgyeopsal
Mul naeng myeon

Ditto what Janelle said. Really enjoying your pix and your commentary.