Saturday, September 23, 2006

34 Days and Counting

In 34 days I will be leaving on a plane headed to South Korea. I can hardly believe this is happening. I am very excited for the opportunity, a little scared, and beginning to miss everyone and I haven't even left yet.

Each time I see my sister I think, when I get back from Korea she may be a married women, and I might miss the wedding. When I hold Levi, Uri, or Christian I begin to cry because I will miss a year of their lives. While at church I soak up the Christian love and worship we have as a family, because I will not have that for a year.

I know this is what the Lord has for me and I am excited to see how He is going to grow and shape me. During our Sunday night service we put into practice New Testament Prophecy. I was encouraged to make sure I stay close to the Lord and to not forget the reason I am going to Korea. Please pray for me as I am in Korea that I will stay in the Word and I will not lose sight of my goal. If you could also pray the Lord will provide for my finances for the first month I am there. I will not be receiving a paycheck from my job in the States or my job in Korea. I have began to save and so has my sister, but please pray the Lord will provide all that is needed.

I will continue you to update everyone on all the goings on especially once I arrive. For those of you who might not have my email address and would like to keep in contact it is as follows: pukin2238@gmail.com I will welcome any correspondence from the States or abroad as I am away from my family and friends this coming year.

3 comments:

christina said...

wow! what an exciting opportunity. some good friends of ours just moved to china for two years. it's definitely an experience. :) but the Lord will be with you, and you are going to do great!

ruth said...

Georgia,

I'm so excited for you. Don't forget "God's will cannot lead you where His Grace will not keep you."

Keep us updated if you can. I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Georgia,

I am exicted about this amazing opportunity! Truly God will enable you to walk out what He has put before you. The world may not always understand what you are doing, but as a lover of the Lord and a stranger to this world, it's okay that they don't understand! I trust that He WILL sustain you and continue to change you into all that He has created you to be! Be blessed! Be encouraged! And we will see you again soon!

Love, Jane