Sunday, October 29, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I have safely mde it to Korea, cleaned my very dirty room and have unpacked. It is a verry nice room and I am thankful to be in this dorm. Some of the other teachers are in a different dorm and there is only one room. Mine is split into two different rooms. Here are some pictures of my new home for the next year.


My Dorm



Everyone has bicycles or motorcycles


This is the laundry room everyone shares.


My front door!


No Keys here! I have a personal code to get into my room.

The Bathroom Story
The following are pictures of my bathroom. The first night I took a bath because as you can see there is a shower head but it isn't attached to anything like they are in the States. When I stepped out of the tub I noticed water on the floor. I started looking a little more and realized the entire floor had about an inch of water on it and it was rising. It was 4am here in Korea, I had been up for over 30 hours at this point, so I started freaking out. I then realized there was a drain in the floor and all of the water was headed towards it. Come to find out most Korean showers are open and are in the corner of a bathroom so the floor is suppose to flood. Who would have every thought that.







The Entryway


My kitchen


The dining room


Computer area/bedroom


My bed that is more like a boxspring


My few decorations.


Some more decorations.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything has been working out. Your little place looks cute. I especially like the picture of your dining room. :)

Lydia Joyce said...

Georgia- looks nice from where I'm sitting, especially since rent is included in your salary!! Excitement is in the air.

Anonymous said...

Wow! New experiences already! Can't wait to hear more. Praying for you.

mel said...

o.k. Georgia- my favorite room is the bathroom- it's so pink!!!

Anonymous said...

Georgia - your place is so cute!! And much bigger than I'd expected! Congrats on making it there! How're classes today? ~D&M

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing great!!! It sure looks alot different than i imagined it to look! I am praying for you. Ash Prins

Anonymous said...

Georgia, it looks like the Lord provided you with a very cute little apartment. I very much understand the shower situation. That is how some of them work in Romania. A showerhead attached to a hose, and a drain in the middle of the floor. Fun! grace

Bob M said...

Wow, it looks pretty nice. We already miss you.
Bob