Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Walking Tour of Jeonju

On Sunday Kelly, the American I had been emailing while still in the States, took me on a walking tour of the city. We walked for almost 5 hours. I had a really great time and am thankful that she took the time to show me around some. Below are a few pictures of things I saw along the way.


This is a picture of a clock in a bridge. if you look at the picture below the people are under this bridge. I learned that during the summer months many people come down to the bridges and live there because it is so much cooler than their houses. Total strangers play games and hang out all day long together. I can't wait to saee this during the summer.





This is a picture with the mountain in the distance. The very small river here overflows into the street during the rainy season. The street is probably 30 to 40 feet higher than the river is now. I can't wait to see this but I am sure I will be tired of the rain!


This couple just got married. After the ceremony in a marriage house, not a church, the sit in the back of a vehicle and drive around the city. I am unsure why this groom is running behind the car. He was tied to the car by his wrists. Kelly didn't know he was doing it either.


This is a picture of "Gaeksa." This was a very important place of worship. Now people meet here to go other places in downtown.


This is a picture of a functional Budhist Temple.


1 comment:

steph! said...

I miss you so much, but it looks like you're having some great adventures already! I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures as you have all of these new experiences. I want to live vicariously through you!

Love you!
steph