Monday, November 13, 2006

A Traditional Korean Village

On Saturday I went with 3 of my students and Kelly to a traditional Korean Village. The first picture is of the palace. The original palace was burned down by the Japanese and then later rebuilt by the Koreans.





This is a picture of the emperor.


This is what they would carry people, incense, and even a picture of the emperor in. Back then they believed that a picture was the same as the live emperor.


The entire palace was painted with
the same detail as seen above.


Bamboo


Me, Brian, and Kelly


Steve, Choice, Brian, Tae, Kelly,
and someone I don't know.
I am the short one in back that
you can hardly see!

Below are pictures of a traditional Korean funeral. It was the Kimchee Festivel so this was a special treat for us to see. Even some of my students had never seen this before.








Traditional Korean Houses

The pictures below were taken at the Korean Cultural Area.






Brian and I

4 comments:

Lydia Joyce said...

who's this Brian guy? ;)

Leah C said...

My exact thoughts...kinda cute :)

Visual Reflections said...

Brian is just a student. He is just in all of the pictures because he is the one who put the outing together, also he is the only student who brought a camera!!

Anonymous said...

still kinda cute :)