Saturday, January 20, 2007


I went for the first time to Costco today. Let me tell you I have never been so excited to see American products. The best thing I saw which made me jump up and down with excitement was Dreft laundry detergent. Many of you might be thinking why is Georgia buying laundry detergent for babies. Well, it is a really long story but I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only laundry detergent that won't make me break out from head to toe. I am beginning that you can find anything in Korea if you are willing to pay the high price, which in this case will be worth it! At least almost anything, you can't buy Caribou coffee here but I do have the best sister in the world that sent me enough to last 3 months! Yeah for Lydia and Brent(he helped pay for fast shipping!).

here are a few things you might find interesting that I picked up at Costco which I haven't been able to find in my town or are 3 times more expensive for a much smaller quantity.

1. Pine Sol- super excited about this since my whole house is linoleum
2. Marshmallows
3. Country Time Lemonade
4. Honey Nut Cheerios- there were about 5 other kinds but this is what I chose for this trip!
5. Salsa
6. Oats n Honey Nature Valley Granola Bars
7. Nabisco Saltines
8. Cranberry Juice

This was the best shopping trip I have been on in a long time. I also found some classic Disney movies in a 3 pack for only $10: Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Cinderella then Pinocchio, Fantasia, and Peter Pan

Costco is wonderful and even though it takes 90 minutes by bus to get there it is so worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Georiga, I wish I could have had a car to help you carry all your groceries back to your place instead of the bus, but awesome you found your detergent. =)

Michelle E.

Mickey said...

I'm sure you felt like you had found a little piece of home with the familiar things at Costco. Glad to hear from you, thanks for the updates! God Bless!