Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Almost There

Yesterday I ran a miracle mile. I ran one mile as a warm-up lap and then I ran my second mile timed. I ran faster than I thought I could go and made it a mile in 10 minutes and 12 seconds!! I am only 12 seconds off my goal on 10 minutes. I have to give a big thank you to Charlie because he pushed me to pick up the pace.

Maybe I will try to beat that time when I run with my friend Kristi at Bob Jones this Saturday. I will be heading down there for my cousin Beth's wedding. I am pumped to see some old friends. There will be pictures after I get back hoome from vacation.

5 comments:

pamela s said...

Are you talking of Kristi Colas?

Visual Reflections said...

I am...I am super excited to see her.

christina said...

oh, little bethy is getting married! that's so great. hey, be sure to give her a big hug from me. and if you think of it, tell kristi i said hey too.

have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Georgia,

That's awesome! Great job on your run! You are making me ashamed--I don't think I could run a mile in double that time. :)

Congrats to Beth, and tell Krisit "hi" from me too!

Jenny said...

I second Ruth's comments...way to go, Georgia!