Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Korea Here I Come

I will be leaving sometime around October 27th to teach English in Korea for a year. I am super excited about this and a little nervous. I will have internet and email while I am there so you won't be able to escape!! When I leave all email, snail mail, or phone calls will be welcomed. When I get my address and phoen number I will post it on my blog.

I do have a few prayer requests. I get reimbursed $1300 for airfair, however everything I am finding is $1700. Please pray that I will find a plane ticket within the amount I am going to be reimbursed. I am also very involved at my church, please pray that God would work in the hearts of individuals in my church to take on the responsibilities I have at this time. Finally, I will be leaving a wonderful church family and Natanya's family. Please pray that the Lord will give me the grace to leave these two groups of people.

I do appreciate your prayers in this matter. I will keep you updated on breaking news.

7 comments:

Abby said...

How exciting! God is definitely going to do some great things! Good luck with the airfare - that can be tricky sometimes, but I know that the Lord is going to provide! You better keep us updated and such!!! I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Georgia, that is awesome that it worked out for you to go to Korea!! I am very excited for you. If you want you can give me a call sometime, we just moved to West Virginia not even a week ago and are in the process of getting settled and looking for jobs. So anyways, I will pray tha everything works out the way God wants it to. Oh, I just was looking at my Mexico pictures I found them in a box that I was unpacking!!
Have a good day, Charissa

Anonymous said...

Wow! Georgia, that is so exciting. You are absolutely going to love your new adventure! I will be praying for you about the airfare and about the entire experience! Who are you going to be working with?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome opportunity! Don't worry, God will provide for you, He always does. I will be praying for your arrangements as well as for your replacements at church. Congratulations Georgia! God will use you in a mighty way, I just know it!
- Love, Mickey

Anonymous said...

Georgia
I am really excited for the door God has opened for you. This is a great opportunity. I will be praying for you as you prepare to go. I know God is going to do great things both through you and in your own life. Love ya, Carla

pamela s said...

I'm so happy for you! What an experience! You'll do a great job - you have a knack for teaching.

Lydia Joyce said...

Wow. No mention of leaving a beloved sister behind. Just church and Natanya. Sure hope that was an oversight.