Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will."
Ephesians 1:4-5


An Excerpt from "Do You Think I am Beautiful? By Angela Thomas pg. 46-47

You and I have been made by God, for God. The part of us that aches to be filled is the soul, and your soul was made for His presence.

By design, the fullness that we long for will never be found without the presence of God in our lives. Not just a nodding presence, mind you, but an intimate, personal relationship. A living, vital exchange of love and mutual pleasure. This is not a casual glance toward spirituality. What I am talking about is a yearning that takes us beyond shallow religiosity and into the depths of pursuing the God of all creation....the Holy One...the Lover of your soul.

God did not mean for the canyon inside your heart to remain empty...that is the place He has planned to fill, to make whole, with His love.


But God also made us relational. We have been made to long for others, giving and receiving love and intimacy. It's just that we have lost perspective. We've misunderstood the design. Wholeness comes from God, not from any other relationship or thing or feeling. Don't get me wrong. Relationships, things, and feeling are great. As a matter of fact, they can be wonderful. It's jut that all by themselves, they will never fill you up, they will never be enough to make you whole.


Remember? You have been made by God, for God, and apart from Him there will always be emptiness in your soul.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have been struggling with this very thing for a month or more. I have been feeling God is far from me and that He had forsaken me. I finally revealed my struggles to a close friend and she challenged me to once again spend time in the Word and meditation even if I didn't feel like it. I came across this in my study this morning and it spoke to my heart. God desires and longs to fill the empty place in my heart. I must seek after Him and only Him and He will fill my soul up. Praise the Lord!!!


2 comments:

Janelle said...

What a great reminder. Truly, without God we are NOTHING! Thank you for sharing that!

Mickey said...

I think we all go through times where we feel far from God. Thankfully He is never far from us. Thanks for the reminder!