Monday, April 02, 2007

Yellow Dust, Cherry Blossoms, and Spring

You might be curious as to what yellow dust, Cherry blossoms, and Spring have in common. For the last two week I have been sick with a sinus infection and a terrible cough. I went to the doctor after being sick for a week. He gave me some medication but it didn't help. After staying up all night Friday coughing I went to another doctor Saturday morning with my pastor's wife as my interpreter. This doctor knew what he was doing. He did a chest x-ray to make sure my lungs were okay since I had been coughing for so long. My lungs were okay for now. He said I might be developing asthma, I sure hope not.

Now for the yellow dust, Cherry blossoms, and Spring part!! Every Spring yellow sand comes from the Gobi desert in China and covers all of Korea. It is so bad at times the entire sky is yellow. It was like this yesterday but I did not have my camera with me! The dust is so bad you can taste it when you are outside.

In addition to the yellow dust Korea has many Cherry trees. The Cherry trees were planted in Korea during the Japanese invasion. The Cherry blossoms are beautiful but they wreak havoc on your allergies. In the picture below you can see the Cherry blossoms as well as the haze from the yellow dust.





1 comment:

Lydia Joyce said...

That is an interesting picture and having allergies myself, I am glad to not be a part of it! You can totally see what is flying around in the air just waiting to invade your system. Ish. Glad you are feeling slightly better my dear... Sissy