Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Shopping Trip of the Century

I met Claudine and Erin at the bus terminal at 7:30 Saturday morning. We got on a bus and headed the three hours to Seoul to go shopping. Now I have been to Seoul before to go shopping so I thought I could handle this simple trip. Boy was I wrong. We started shopping at 10:30am and didn't finish until 15 minutes before we boarded the bus at 9:30pm. Erin and I were so tired but Claudine said she could have shopped for three more hours.





Out first stop was Namdamuen Market above. This is one of the largest outdoor markets in Seoul. There was even a street that was filled with pet stores. There is this idea in Korea that it is better for business to have all of the same stores on the same street. They say it is better for business. I am not sure of that but I did enjoy seeing all of the animals.







I almost took this little puppy home, but I am not really allowed to have pets that don't fit in cages!



While we were shopping I also say a monk on the street praying. This is the first time I have seen this. It is very common to see men or women with their heads shaved wearing grey outfits. I had never seen one on the street praying before.

I forgot to take a picture at the beginning of the day but this is what Erin and Claudine looked like on the subway back to the train station. It was a great trip and I will remember it forever.

1 comment:

KColas said...

Wow, Georgia. I can only shop for two hours and then I collapse. You can have it! :)

I enjoyed checking out your blog and getting caught up!

love
kristi