Thursday, June 01, 2006

Addicted to Running


I ran my first mile without stopping on Tuesday, May 23rd. I felt like I was going to die. But on Friday, May 26th I ran what I thought was 2 miles without stopping. However, on Saturday I decided to see just how far I had run because it seemed way longer than 2 miles. Indeed it was 2.8 miles. If I had only know I would have run two more blocks to make it an even 3 miles!! On Memorial day I ran a mile as fast as I could and it turned out not to be so fast, 15 1/2 minutes. Today however I ran a mile in 12 1/2 minutes. I first had a goal of a seven minute mile until I found out that it is hard for a guy to run a mile that fast. I am rethinking my end of the summer goal to 9 minutes.

I am also shooting for a Tri-athlon in September. I would be swimming 1/2 a mile, biking 18 miles, and then running 5 miles. It is my summer goal to complete this, even if I am the last person across the finish line. I will still have completed it!! Please pray that I will continue to train and I am able to see the Lord help me accomplish my goals. I know that I would not be this far it is wasn't for Him helping me every step of the way.

10 comments:

Abby said...

You can do it Georgia! I still haven't attempted the running yet, but in a few weeks I will! I'm so proud of you! You look amazing! You're in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

This is Uncle Eldon. First, congrats on the fitness bug hitting and hopefully sticking. In 1983, I was at Kunsan AB Korea for a year. It was lovingly called a "remore tour" which means, family can't go. So, I was already into weight training and figured, what could make this better? I began running a mile and a half after each workout, 5 days per week. I got pretty good at it until the Raison shins began to act up. Now here I was, the best condition I was ever in and this had to hapen! I was even in an aerobics class 3 times a week. I soon realized that small slender feet and little ankles are no recipe for success when it came to running; and I loved it! So, I got into fast walking and much to my joy, it still had a great cardio effect on me and I loved it. It was every bit of a challenge to slice time off my distance and I still got the benefits of getting my heart rate up for a certain amount of time. God bless you on your endeavor to "run with the pack". I will be running a new gym in Madison soon and know just about all you'd care to know if you want advice on training or diet. God Bless my dear.

Anonymous said...

What an amazin goal, Georgia! I have complete confidence in you. Keep up the great work!
Ruth

Jenny said...

Go, Georgia Go! I will look forward to hearing of your completed triathalon!!!

pamela s said...

I would train with you, but I'd have to learn to swim first! You go, girl! That's a great idea to have goals in front of you to keep you motivated.

Kelli said...

Wow, Georgia! I came across your blog a while ago and thought I would leave a comment for you. I admire you for working towards competing in the triatholon at the end of the summer. With alot of hard work and determination, which sounds like you have, you will make it! Sounds like you are doing great!
Kelli (Clingerman) & Heston Frey

christina said...

alright, georgia-pie! keep it up, i'm struggling to do just that. but i am encouraged by your close-to-three-mile run. so i'll keep trying if you do! :)
i for one HATE running, but i know i've gotta keep doing it.

Anonymous said...

You're doing great Georgia. I'm proud of your effort and I hope you can keep working through this.

See you soon.

TM

Lydia Joyce said...

You continue to amaze and impress me. I love you, your little sister.

Anonymous said...

Man oh man, Georgia. That's fantastic. Thanks for inspiring all of us to get out there and exercise. :)
kristi