Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Mule

Today was an awesome day here in South Korea. I finished my 2006 taxes and with my tax return and my overtime this month I will be paying off my first credit card! The Lord also provided a very special gift today.

I have been struggling with not having freedom to travel about so I have been longing to get a motorcycle. Bikes are very cheap here and so I thought it would be a great chance to get one. I budgeted $300 including a new helmet. The Lord provided "The Mule" today for $100. I bought a brand new helmet and mittens for an additional $40.



The bike has been affectionately named "the mule" because it has been passed around from foreigner to foreigner. I am approximately the 25th foreign owner. The bike keeps going and doesn't quit! My pastor here actually owned the mule this time last year. He gave it to Dave, the guy I bought it from and Dave sold it to me for the amount of repairs/upkeep over the last year. Below you will see what I mean by mittens. These are placed over the throttle/brake/clutch. once on the bike you just slip your hands into the mittens. It is an amazing invention, your hands stay warm and you can still drive just fine.

I am pretty sure I am not going o call the bike the mule. If you have any suggestions let me know.

5 comments:

Lydia Joyce said...

Your first bike... wow. That's all I got.

Anonymous said...

I think you should call it "the coolest hot wheel"

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby. The Mule is a perfect name.

Curt and Sarah said...

Yah Georgia! Congrats. Long live the mule. :-)

Kimchijjigae said...

Name submission: "Gold Streak". Gotta love that Harley-esque emblem on the gloves.