Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Minnesota Nice...Really!!



There is a saying in this wonderful state I live in, “Minnesota Nice.”  However, I have lived here for two and a half years and I have never experienced this wonderful phenomenon.  I drive on one of the many majors highways here in the cities.  Every single day without fail I am cutoff by a crazy driver on their cell phone.  And don’t get me started on the people and their lack of merging skills.  I am convinced that all of the traffic problems in this city happen because Minnesotans can not merge.

On top of that people are very rude here.  When I brought this saying up to a true Minnesotan she said that indeed it is a true statement.  I am convinced however that people in Minnesota are not nice, but that could be because I am from the South, where they kill you with kindness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"killing with kindness" is an appropriate phrase for we southerners. Not much difference in driving habits, but we do wave to you as we "merge" ie. cut you off.

Hope you run into a handfull of southerners visiting up there soon, for a refreshing taste of home.

Visual Reflections said...

I sure hope I run into some too!!