Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Weight Loss Surgery

Update: Surgery will be October 10th. My mom will be flying in to be with me during and after the surgery. My sister is also taking the time off from work as well.

I have come to a decision to have weight loss surgery. This probably seems like a very public place to announce this but I have many reasons. Some people who read this are far away and I only see every once in awhile, which might make it easier to not tell. But will lead to more questions down the road.

I have been struggling with the fact that many people see weight loss surgery as the easy way out. I also thought that for a long time that is why I have never looked into this before. I went to a seminar in August the day my parents came to visit. After this seminar I was convinced that weight loss surgery is not easy at all. In all actuality it is a very difficult process. This procedure is a tool to help me in my struggle against obesity.

So it is out, and I feel better. I do not have to be ashamed that I am taking control of my weight. I see this as a gift from God. He has given me a good job and wonderful insurance that is paying for most of the surgery. I am thankful that the Lord has allowed this to happen.

I would appreciate your prayers as I move closer to my surgery date. This will be hard and I will need help so I am counting on my friends and the Lord to help me through and stay the course. I welcome any questions or concerns you may have. I am open to talking on a one on one basis as well. But I have made my decision and it is a personal one so please do not try and talk me out of this. I really do appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to the website for my doctor's office. It has great information and graphics for those that are interested. As for you, Georgia, I am so proud of you and excite for you. This is great opportunity for you to avoid some of the family illnesses that we are in line for. Love you and we will be praying.

http://www.memorial.org/services/major/sweight_options.asp

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery. I know that this is a big step. My cousin had the same type of surgery done two years ago, and she lost quite a bit of weight. I think that it is great. I wish I could do something like this.