Thursday, December 07, 2006

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

Last night I put up the Christmas tree for this year. Today at lunch time Kelly came over to help decorate. I know our tree is totally ghetto but Kelly did say, "this is the best Christmas tree I have had in 6 years!" She has been traveling and teaching abroad for 6 years now so she hasn't had a real American Christmas in a really long time. They do have some Christmas decorations but a 2 ft. tree is about 40,000 won or $40. So I opted for the cheaper version! Well without further a due here is our Christmas tree complete with wrapped present courtesy of Lydia.



No this is not the completed tree, just a shot before it was decorated.


I printed coloring book pages out and colored them myself to use as ornaments.



We even have stocking, not hung by the chimney though!


Kelly and I in front of our super ghetto Christmas Tree.

I am preparing a wonderful Christmas menu this year. But it is a secret so I can't post it until after Christmas!! For the most part of the day it will be Kelly, Addie (another "Migook" or American), and myself. In the evening we will be having a party with many of our students. I am looking forward to Christmas already.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

You are so cute Georgia!!! Sometimes compromise is not a bad thing at all. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! Seems like you have more spirit than some of the people here in the states!

Love,
Janelle (Benson) Miller

christina said...

very cool! i love it.

Bob M said...

I am enjoying all the pictures and comments. I hope you are working on what you planned to work on, Georgia.

Leah C said...

Lets just say Charlie Brown ain't got nothing on you! So cute!

pamela s said...

Great idea! Love it!

ruth said...

Georgia, I was just thinking what Janelle said. You seem to be overflowing with Christmas spirit. Great tree!