Monday, December 04, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner

I had to work on Thanksgiving Day so we celebrated on Sunday. I had a great time. it started off with an early morning run. I only ran 1 1/2 miles because my knee has been hurting whenever I run. Then we went back to get cleaned up for the day. I made Kelly and I sausage gravy and biscuits, my mom's recipe. It was wonderful! Then I clean up my house while Kelly finally got to talk with her brother using my web cam. She has a Mac and can't find any programs that will allow her to use her web cam. If you know of any let me know please!

Around 2pm we had some of Kelly's students come over for Salmon and wine. I didn't know any of these students but they were w\very nice. here is a picture of the group. Kelly had her mom send the Salmon from Seattle. I am not a big fish person so I didn't have any but everyone else enjoyed it immensely.





After Kelly's students left I had some students come over for a mostly traditional Thanksgiving. I was not able to find a Turkey and even if i could i would not have been able to cook it. I had what I thought was ham but it was more like SPAM!! All of the Koreans loved it though. I made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots with honey, green beans, and corn. For desert I made peach cobbler and Kentucky Derby Pie with a homemade crust. It was so much fun to get together and I really enjoyed the cooking too. Here are a few pictures.


Kelly and I


Steve (a student) volunteered to do dishes!


Steve, Choice, Tae, Kelly, Lee, Bryan, Miles, Tina, Me
(Top to bottom and left to right)

1 comment:

christina said...

sounds great! looks like you're having a good time! i'm glad you enjoyed your holiday....and you are quite a chef!! :)