Monday, December 04, 2006

Trip to the Big City of Seoul

This weekend I went to Seoul for my first visit to the "big city!" I had a lot of fun. The best part of the trip was that McDonald's is now serving breakfast. This has just started to happen here so I got a sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin. It was awesome! Here are pictures of our "delicious" breakfast. Koreans use "delicious" to describe every kind of food even if it is just normal.



It also snowed while we were in Seoul. Here are some pictures I took at the half way stop. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not but Seoul is 2 1/2 or 3 hours away depending on traffic.





I also got to go to Starbucks. Actually, I went twice. The first time when we first got to CoEx Mall. I go an iced Carmel Macchiato (I think that is how you spell it!). The second time, right before we left the mall, I got a grande Christmas blend. It was wonderful, even though Caribou is much better. I am getting a coffee pot soon!



While we were waiting for the bus back to Jeonju I decided to take Christmas pictures. There are very few decorations in Jeonju so I thought I would do the best with what I had. So when I send out my Christmas letter you will see these pictures again.





I had a great time and we are headed back next weekend to visit a family Kelly knows. I am really looking forward to this because I haven't had a chance to interact with any children outside of my class since I have been here. I will keep you posted on the happenings here in South Korea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your home made Christmas tree. It looked so neat! I read your entire blog and I am excited for your wonderful experiences. Good for you for taking chances and not being afraid. Thanks for sharing your blogger link with me. It has been great seeing what's up with you.

Michelle Elizondo